Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Felt Project

Hi there,

While I was surfing on the etsy website, I found a lovely felt pincushion with full of arts sense. Since that day...I cultivate in my heart that one day I'll doing it for my own.

So, last week when I was teaching my kids, I took my blue box which contains of 10 pieces of felt fabrics in various colors, and I started to draw a simple flower shape. I used sharp scissors to prevent the felt fabric became hairy..(don't know the right word.

I use 'Buku Sulaman Riben' (Ribbon Embroidery Book)which i got for my 30 year old birthday present. The book was very user friendly for a beginner like me...I can easily understand the instructions, how to fold the ribbon or thread.

For this felt craft project, I was using three basic stitches, namely french knots, stem stitch and chain stitch. My first trial on making felt craft project was not so bad. I 'm satisfied with my job...

These are some of the pictures i've took...









2 comments:

Ros.Said said...

hi...nice..where to buy the felt?

YaN said...

hi ros....

i bought the felt fabrics from someone last 2 years... I think you can easily find it. Try check in google. Happy surfing...

Post a Comment